Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Probation Hotel

The Spirit of the Lord has been upon me.
For years I have been led to providing a means for the undesired in life.
Several years ago I thought greatly about a way to help the homeless.
The idea came to me just as the bottom was falling out just before the TARP Bailouts.

The homeless are still a problem, but now I am put into a position to face the hard reality of seeking residence for parolees getting out of prison. Being a convict and trying to re-establish a normal life without opportunity of employment or residence is a mighty mountain.

If those in prison have paid a debt for wrongdoing, how does it make sense for the general population to continue punishment? Truly as I embrace an empathy for this reality I wonder just how many really participate in forgiveness.

Wouldn't be a great idea to retain possession of an old vacant hotel and update it for the use of a halfway house for parolees released into a free world assisting them back into civil life?  This idea facilitates efficiency for the corrections systems, and local communities. It also offers protection to both parolees from re-offending, and the public from not having to be unforgiving as neighbors.
I'm praying on this everyday and through the days.
All I know is as God put it on my heart, he'll see to the provision.

Peace and Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment