Sunday, July 26, 2015

Freely Received, Freely Give

This post is a follow up to "Nothing to Lose" next post


This past week after answered prayers within Nothing to Lose, I find myself enjoying a cup of coffee with Don.  He has managed to move into a trailer as residence that is owned by the guy I work for by the job.
Don and he reached an agreement of work for rent.  He is here because water is not yet running in the trailer.
It will be today.  Work has already begun to make that happen.  I told Don that if the situation required he could spend a night or two with us, until his situation was livable.  So it is.

Jesus said to serve. I understand his meaning as, the greater the service, the greater the servant would be rewarded.  Don is a man that knows God, he just didn't know Him well enough.  Over the past week, I've been instructing him on how the Holy Spirit operates with men.  His progress is remarkable.  8 days ago, he was in a parking lot holding a sign looking for work. Yesterday he moved from his previous residence by eviction unto his new address.  He is working for his new diggs and has employment opportunity.

Don now has renewed hope.  He has a fresh curiosity of God's ways and his gratitude is abundant.
He keeps thanking me for the result of these 8 days, and I tell him plainly to thank the Lord.

There are different works the Lord will set us upon.  I do not know the why's of the Lord's way, all I know is His thoughts are not mine.  I have noticed that God seems to be directing me into finding those weak in faith for strengthening their faith.  My guess is that Don will come to find his way in receiving God's will for him and serve accordingly.  I know we are to spread the Gospel of Jesus to all the world, but sometimes reviving or educating believers is a priority to God.

This week has strained my financial budget.  I know God knows this, but it is also meant for Don's renewal.
Don's capacity to worry about circumstances was impressive 8 days ago, but as I have shown him operation of the Holy Spirit, we have had occasion to see the great dominos fall of God.  The need for cash resources will be met because God makes provision for the work he wills us to do.  As I remind Don of these promises, I can see in his eyes his spiritual man's mind turning.  Praise Jesus he is getting it and applying it.

This is the way I serve God for His Kingdom.  I am only a small part of that Kingdom, but it is better than any possession this world has to offer.


P&B




No comments:

Post a Comment