Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Perilous Times

The world is in chaos as we approach the Shemitah.
Once again in our culture the lunacy has begun in another general election cycle.
Ferguson is erupting again while elsewhere in the world all kinds of innocents are slaughtered.
Even those fighting for independence as countries are left to their own overwhelming survival.

What are we to focus on, how are we to respond?

For me, I have taken it upon myself to seek God's will for myself and others in all things I do.
Wisdom from earlier times that I wrote goes unheeded even as it is prophetic.  I have tried to
market the writing, but I can't even give it away, folks are just to focused on whatever their particular interest is for them.

I notice many folks are talking about God.  I suppose that is a good thing, but talking about God for me isn't enough.  Because of our particular situation I have been working for our only provision of income.  My wife has been doing her own bit of work for the Lord as she is guided.  She has just published a book with the help of other friends who are also mindful of serving the Lord.  The name of the book she wrote is "Cast Down - A New England Haunting".  It is marketed as a paranormal romance, but for her thinking she calls it a Christian horror story.  She has also begun another book written from the same story line.

Everyone involved in the work  of her service to the Lord is in very difficult economic reality.  Who isn't these days?  I see God's hands all over this writing.  The Holy Spirit helped me to support her in this endeavor, and I do mean Helped!

For my own doing in His service my prosperity isn't in monetary wealth, but rather a wealth of helping others along in very desperate situations.  In a couple of other posts I spoke about Don.  Well now Alex is in the picture.  Jobs are abundant because the company we work for is also in the business of serving God in their own ways.  The owner is confident and growing more confident in purchasing more properties.  My pace in rehabbing these properties is not something usual for him, so I guess he is coming around to utilizing his resources based upon risk for production potential.  Six months ago he was cash strapped because he didn't have the right management team.  He is providing low cost housing for people in a big industry here in the south.  He owns trailer parks.

Six months ago I started on one job doing a complete rehab.  The guy I went in with on the job claims to be a Christian, but he burned me for more money than I could afford to lose.  I was upset, but the Holy Spirit had a strong hold on me so in a very big moment I said my piece and forgave him.  The owner worked with me through the deficit and gave me more work as he decided to make investments.  Today I'm overseeing four jobs with two other bids I have given ready to go.  I also have help.  Don now rents from Ed and Alex is also renting but is in arrears due to his own troubles within family.

We are still very close to economic calamity.  Just as other folks are too.  We are however building for the days ahead, we have hope in the Lord.  All those that are connected with me will have knowledge and faith in the Lord or they will learn about His ways.  Because this is His doing there will be no interlopers.  Plenty of folks have asked if I had any work, but I wasn't nudged toward their way in offering.  I am not saying they have to be active Christians, God forbid!  What I am saying is that His purpose is revealed to me as He designs.

My wife even helped out today when the office asked if I knew anyone who could clean up for showing units I had been working on.  Tina had already had one of the other guys employed in there cleaning, but not to my satisfaction.  Tina and my wife get on very well, and she is always bragging to my wife about how she never has to worry about jobs I am on.  So when the opportunity of need presented itself, my love shared a few hours with me in a unit I was working on and the other one right next door I had completed last week.

Brothers and sisters, I know it is written that our deeds for the Lord should not be made known for the sake of building ourselves up as the Pharisees do.  I however believe that for all the professing to love God, not enough is being done for the least of these.  All the folks involved with myself and my wife are encouraged for doing what the Lord said we should do.  In their own particular situations they have reason to thank the Lord.  And in days such as the perilous ones we face, how can sharing the doing of service to God be considered prideful?  By an example these words should give you inspiration to do something, anything that you can as God reveals His purpose to you!  Remember we are all adopted into his family, and how glorious is it to introduce others that may or may not know God into an ever greater demonstration of His Holy Spirit Operations?

Luke 15:7, Luke 15:10

I believe there are many hopeless sinners waiting for God to provide a miracle.  Those facing eviction, loss of family, illness, or just something worthwhile to do in this frustrating life can find peace in Jesus arms as promised by God when the faithful will do more than talk about scripture or knowing God.

John 14:12

We do not need to show God's love by our attendance at church.  We need to find those that are truly looking for the truth and deliver to them the abundance we know as disciples of the Jesus' living church.
We can do it at work, or in our day's moments.  We just have to have the courage and willingness to let the Holy Spirit guide us to do God's will.  This is the manner in which we will be delivered through these perilous times.

And for the link to my wife's new book!
Cast Down - A New England Haunting

Peace and Blessings
P.Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment