Saturday, January 25, 2014

Blocked

In life we observe and do.  It is our job to sustain ourselves by our labors.
For a servant of God, we are also to teach His ways when the need is presented.
Such an opportunity is easy enough to perceive as it presents itself.  There are times
when the opportunity to teach is demanded.

Earlier today I was watching WBTV in Charlotte.  They have a frequent guest which claims
to be a life coach.  This life coach likes to educate folks in a simplistically devised acronym listed on the screen vertically.  Beside each letter is a description meant to guide behavior.

It is a simplistic but clever way to present oneself as an answer man.

Trouble comes when I email him so as to inform him of material he uses incorrectly.
On this particular occasion scripture from the books of Samuel had been appropriated for lesson giving.
It was used inaccurately and worse no attribution to God's power was offered.  Once I posted the correction to his email addy, my message was kicked back to me as undeliverable.

This is just one example of being blocked in such a manner.  I am working on a double digit list of being blocked.  In all honesty the reality is frustrating.  However, when I focus on what the Lord and Savior Jesus endured for expressing God's truth, I check myself for the frustration.  I take refuge in Galatians 1: 6-9.
Paul says men that would teach the wrong Gospel of Truth shall be accursed twice!

When I see misappropriation of God's word, I discern if it is honest error for misunderstanding, or whether it is a manipulative use for self gain.  The two are very different and must be dealt with differently.
Informing is done humbly, and kindly.  Rebuke is neither.  So it is no wonder being blocked is the result.

Before I studied the word of God, I spoke truthfully about mankind's truth.  There too I met with blacklisting.
Truth is often sought, but never accepted.  Usually truth sought is a matter of acceptable convenience for man.  When the truth becomes known as it always does, those accepting the reality of believing in the wrong truth is never really the majority.

I don't complain about being rejected.  I do however marvel at the dynamic.  The world seeks solutions to problems, but will not accept solutions.  Maybe it is because they don't truthfully understand their own contribution to the problem.

I am fortunate I can make a wage for a skill that doesn't involve discerning the foolishness of men.
This way I can earn a living.

I believe in life promised by Christ in eternity. I don't enjoy arguing truth for the sake of those unaware of their consequences.  None of that stand makes my life any easier.  But even as my life isn't easy for doing so, eternity separated from God is something I wish for nobody.  That is the battlefield.  Apparently the prince of the air, (Satan) is doing just as students of Christ were taught.  Deceiving the masses.

Blocked.  Unwilling to know the truth.

Unprofited Prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment