Monday, January 13, 2014

Windows to the Soul

This morning I woke to my daily rituals.
As I walked the dogs greeting the day, my eyes couldn't escape beauty of the morning sky
I had never seen before.  It is sure that rain is coming because of the morning red skies.  However, the red
was so much more than red.  A pink, orange and crimson blend of light was framed by the coolness of a turquoise blue licked by purple and gray from mountains below and clouds above.  I knew immediately I had never seen such a sky before!  Truly I was grateful.  A brief glimpse of spectacular beauty unusual for these many recent days. 

The dog's need was met and the coffee brewed earlier was ready for consumption. The next work of the day was in front of me.  A job I have been on for one reason or another isn't in operation.  I keep seeking work presenting myself for opportunities many others seek as well.  Prosperity is not abundant.  I can only ask of the Father to show me His ways.

I sipped on the coffee prepared thankful for the warm comfort in my hands.  It took some time for me to realize a prayer was being answered.  God's ways demanded a search for scripture to consider and write of for my own clarity.

The scripture I was thinking on is contained in the book of John.  Upon examination I realized the account of the scripture put on my mind, meant more than the specific detail which pulled me to research.  The detail was Jesus giving sight to the man whose eyes were anointed with mud.

I have read the account of John 9 several times.  This day I was given revelation I had never understood before.  Maybe it was the newness I witnessed of a morning sunrise, maybe it is the answering of the prayer I have sought for a while.

Jesus and His Apostles were walking by this man blind from birth.  The Apostles asked Jesus whose sin was the reason for the man's blindness?  Was it his or was it his parent's sin?  Obviously the Apostles were thinking of an assumption common to the day.  There must be a cause for his condition.  Such was the thinking of those living under the law of Moses.

Now imagine the never heard response to the Apostles Jesus mentioned for an answer.
Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be manifest in him.
The Apostles had seen many miracles as written earlier in the Gospel of John, so what was new about this miracle?

Unlike immediate miracles Jesus previously showed the masses, this miracle required a following of directions after a very specific application of hands on anointing.  Witnesses that knew the man wondered how he had gained sight.  His explanations made it all the way to the leaders which weren't believing that Jesus was who he claimed to be.  The leaders even questioned the man's parents to validate that he was blind from birth.  What was even more amazing that the man with restored sight only knew Jesus by name, he had never seen Jesus.  It wasn't until later that he did come to see Jesus and believe that he was the Son of God, thereby falling to his knees and worshiping him.

Jesus wasn't yet done.  John 9: 39-41 explains the account.

For judgment I am come into this world, that they which not may see, and that they which see might be made blind.
And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Jesus said unto them,  If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

The blind man never saw until Jesus interacted.  He never asked either for restored vision.  But as he did come to see for others to wonder he replied Jesus put mud on my eyes and told me wash them, then I saw.
That was his testimony to anyone wanting to know.  His sight was his coupon to faith and believing.
Others unwilling to believe his account were unwilling to accept that God was in the flesh in front of their very eyes plain to see.

Imagine that one of the Apostles named Thomas doubted the other Apostles accounts of be seen as risen from the dead.  This account is in John 20: 27-29  'Doubting Thomas' is the contemporary coining of the incident.

Depending on how well you understand God's plan according to what is written in scripture is demonstrated very clearly in studying this account of John 9.  What is it you see?  Do your vision senses keep you in bondage to the troubles of this world?  At what point do you believe without the advantage of seeing this world as it is?  Do you suffer from stress?  Do you find yourself in worry, unrest or fear?  If you claim to know scripture and the words of God why are you assailed by life's troubles?  What is it that you must see before your faith is as complete as the blind man with restored sight?

This world is becoming confusion.  It has been proven as incapable in solving problems.  Money is applied to the problems without any measures of success.  Men without knowing God's plan will do what comes naturally and will do so claiming to be just while living in the fruits of injustice, safety and prosperity.  Any person that can see today knows the lies and inequity of man.  Aren't our politicians doing as the Pharisees did as in the days of Jesus?  But each of them will always say God Bless America when they want money or a vote.

What do the windows of your Soul demand from you?  Do you think we can solve our own problems?  Do you hope with impossibility that our blessings as a nation will magically return to us?  Or are you of the mind that the only salvation left in days coming is a faith in God's promise?

Blessed are those that have not seen, but believe.

Unprofited Prophet


No comments:

Post a Comment